Friday, September 3, 2010

Head Colds and Car Accidents

I freakin' hate the universe sometimes.

Yesterday I finally got in to see the ear, nose, and throat doctor about my chronic sinus issues and head colds. He gave me a whopping does of antibiotics and wants me to come back in 2 weeks for a head CT scan.

I started taking the meds last night and I was starting to feel better.

However...

This afternoon as I was coming back from making the daily mail run at work I got into a car accident. A guy in a truck made a left hand turn right in front of me while I was doing 40 mph. I noticed him just in time to slam on the breaks, but we collided anyway. The entire passenger side front end of my car is crunched.

Luckily no one was injured.

So, now the van is at the body shop and I am back at work. The adrenaline is slowly working its way out of my system and I am now in desperate need of a nap.

Should you come looking for me this Labor Day weekend I plan to be in my backyard, lying in the shade, with a fruity drink in my hand... and safely away from moving vehicles.

1 comment:

TrevnMe said...

Yikes! First of all, I'm glad you're getting your head taken care of! Health is important and feeling good is crucial! Hopefully Mr. Doc can fix you up real nice like!
Second, thank goodness no one was hurt! Car accidents are scary and not part of our daily agendas but unfortunately they happen to the best of us.
Remember, it could have been worse and once you get your van back, it'll be good as new. (hopefully!) Enjoy your long weekend! Take a few days to relax and spend time with your family!