Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lagoon Family Day 2010

Yesterday was the bi-annual McNaughtan family Lagoon trip and Rockin' E Ranch shareholders meeting.

I think at last count we had something like 47 shareholders, all of whom are members of Paul's extended family. So, in order to get everyone together in one place for a meeting they usually hold it at Lagoon. Everyone brings their family along as well, so it makes a good family reunion opportunity.

I snapped some pictures while they were having their meeting. By this time most of the kids had run off to play in the park. When everyone was there we filled this pavilion.


Someone else also noticed that I had the camera out and said "Mommy... CHEESE!"


Will was still too small to go on a lot of the rides. He was just tall enough to ride on the little swings that they have. They went around in a circle and then around a center post.

He seemed to like them. He only started fuss when Paul pulled him out when the ride was done. He wanted to keep going.
Of course, one of the usual standards is the Carousel. We love this old beauty. It is the last hand carved carousel in Utah.


We rode it twice. First Paul rode while I stood next to Will, and then we swapped.
When Paul climbed onto his horse it was almost all the way to the top of it's gears. I turned around and had to look up to see him. So, of course, I took a picture.
There is something very wrong looking about Paul on a little wooden horse. :-)

We did a lot of walking, but Will was good about it. We bought a new wagon to carry him and all the packs in, but he only wanted to be in it about half of the time.

Once it got too hot to be on rides we headed over to the water park. Will and I splashed around the kids area while Paul went down the big slides.
I tried taking Will down one of the little kids slides on my lap. Just a mental note for anyone out there who is intending to attempt the same thing... I landed wrong at the bottom and because I was trying to keep my son from drowning I ended up with some severely sore muscles. I do not recommend that you try this at home.

After a long day of swimming and riding we spread out the blanket and just hung out for a bit.
It was really fun, and thanks to Aunt Kathy and Uncle David we'll get to go again sometime before the end of the year.
No water slides this time, though...

No comments: