Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

Well, I hope everyone had a fun weekend. We sure did.

Due to the fact that the 4th of July holiday fell on a Sunday this year, and nothing happens in Utah on a Sunday (except church), we had 3 days of celebrations.

On Saturday Erin invited Will and I to have a picnic in the park. We went to the same little park behind mom and dad's house that has the water park that we went to on Memorial Day. We had a nice time, especially since it wasn't too hot.

Saturday night we went to the carnival and fireworks at the park in Magna. This was the first big fireworks for Will. It was a lot of fun. Paul got us some popcorn and cotton candy. William had never had cotton candy before. He seemed confused by the fact that it disappeared when it hit his tongue.


I didn't get many pictures because it was dark, and once the fireworks started William wouldn't let me move my arms from around him. He was a bit frightened by them, but as long as he was in my lap and my arms were around him he liked it. We named off the colors as they would go off. He seems to think that everything is yellow, but that could be because he likes to say yellow.
On Sunday we rested because we all have a cold, and we were out late at the fireworks on Saturday. We did manage to go to church and to the toy store. I bought Will a little doctor's set to play with because he was really interested in all of the tools that the doctor used when we saw her on Friday. He gave me a "check up" all afternoon.
Will and I took Grandma Nina to the aquarium on Monday. He liked showing her the octopus and sharks.
I could use an extra day off just to relax after running around all weekend!

No comments: