Thursday, July 23, 2009

Goodbye Pippen


My cat, Pippen, has been missing for the last week.
Yesterday we got a call from a gentleman saying that he saw one of the posters that I put up and that he had seen a cat that might be her. Unfortunately, the cat that he saw had been hit by a car. Paul and I went to look, and we are fairly certain that it was Pip.
The terrible thing is that it was my fault that she was outside in the first place. Both of our cats are usually inside cats only, but I let them roam around the front yard every so often as long as I am there to supervise.
Last Friday a salesman came to our door while I was in the middle of making dinner. While I had the door open Pip slipped outside. I figured that she would be okay to be out there for a few minutes while I finished up dinner, but then Will woke up from his nap, Paul came home, Will needed a bath, etc. It wasn't until Saturday night around midnight that I remembered that she was outside. By that time she was long gone.
I will miss her so very much. She was the first pet that I could truly say was mine. All of the previous pets that I've had have always been family pets, and most of them preferred Erin over me. Pip latched onto me the minute that we brought her home. I was the one that she would snuggle up to when it was time to go to bed, and it was my lap that she sought out whenever I sat down.
I pray that she didn't suffer. At least now she can be at peace.

1 comment:

TrevnMe said...

If you only knew.... :)