Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day and New Teeth


Well, it's finally here. After 2 years of having to listen to people promise how they will make this country better we're going to find out who will actually get the chance to try. I'm a firm believer in the saying "If you didn't vote then you have no room to complain about how things are being run." And, since I love to complain, I made sure that I voted this year. So, no matter how things turn out I now have the right to complain about them. :-)

The other fun news today is that Will officially has teeth. The babysitter said that yesterday he was making funny faces and moving his mouth in weird ways. So, she checked it out and his two bottom front teeth had poked through. It turns out that he was making all the faces because he could feel them and it was a new sensation for him. Of course, by the time that I came to take him home they had gone back down due to swelling. The good part is that we are past all of the pain of getting them in...course we still have a mouthful of others left. I was feeling around in there last night and I think that one of the top ones will be next. It feels like it is right below the surface.

I can't believe how lucky we have been to have such a good baby. Will is so mellow about everything that he rarely cries. Even during all of this teething he has only been cranky a few times. The only thing that has really thrown him off lately has been the time change. He is so used to eating and sleeping at certain times that we've had to do everything an hour earlier now. I'm hoping that we can slowly move things back the extra hour so that our schedule and his realign. He was used to getting up around 5:30 am to have his first bottle and get the day started, but with the time change he now wakes up when the clock says 4:30 am. At least he's content to go back to bed once he's been fed so that we can get a bit more sleep.

No comments: