Thursday, September 17, 2009

Germs and Aliens


Okay, I have solid proof that I am, in fact, not from this planet.

I've decided this based on the movie "War of the Worlds".

As I was lying in bed last night starring at the ceiling fan, hoping that sleep would eventually overtake me, I came to the realization that I must in fact either be an alien or descended from one.

Once again I am fighting off a cold. What should have been a simple sniffle has turned into an all out battle for control of my head. For the last two days I have waged a war against disease, and I'm not sure that I am winning. Right now I am surviving (barely) by living off of Tylenol Cold, hot tea, and hope.

The stupid part is that my entire family has been exposed to this bug, and yet I am the only one who has had to lay in the bed wishing I was dead. Paul and Will have had a cold, but it was not much more than a sniffle.

Which brings me back to aliens...

As I was lying in bed, listening to Paul snore, I got to thinking about why I seem to be so much more susceptible to disease than he or Will. The only conclusion that I could come to was that either I, or my parents, are not from this planet, and therefore I do not have the natural immunity to this worlds diseases.

For anyone who has met my father this is not such a far-fetched idea.

Hey, don't laugh. It made perfect sense to me at 11 pm last night when I was hopped up on cold medicine and trying to sleep.

I'm going to go get more tea...

No comments: