Friday, October 22, 2010

Questions without answers...

I have been asking myself a lot of questions lately that seem to have no real answers.

The top one on the list is why does being pregnant make you so sick.

So far I have come up with a lot of sort-of answers, but nothing that seems like a finalized one. The best that I can do so far is that it is natures way of protecting a growing fetus from anything dangerous that you might eat. Of course, most of us don't run around eating raw shell fish and soft French goat cheese on a daily basis.

At this point I would be happy if plain old water didn't make me sick.

Another question that I was pondering is why hasn't western medicine come up with a better way of treating morning sickness. Right now the medicine of choice is an anti-histamine, which makes you very sleepy. As anyone who has been pregnant will tell you, being pregnant already makes you tired. This extra sedation does not help when trying to keep up with a house full of laundry and a 2 year old.

So, after much thinking I have decided that no answer is really enough for these questions. And if you come to my house in the next few weeks do not be surprised if you find dirty clothes every where, nothing to eat but soda crackers, and me asleep on the couch.

No comments: