Monday, April 27, 2009

Yardwork


Well, my back yard is a complete disaster right now.

For the last few weeks Paul and Bob have been working on building a retaining wall around the planters in the back. The problem is that they only get about 1 day of good weather when they are both off of work, and then it goes back to cold and rain/snow.

So, they've got about half of it done.

In the meantime I have been trying to keep 50 plus plants alive in my living room. I ordered a preplanned garden from an online nursery. The website said that they would ship the plants to us when it was best to plant in our area.

Obviously none of their staff has ever been to Utah! I got the box full of sprouts and bare root plants in mid March!

So, the crisper drawer in my fridge is full of roots wrapped in wet paper towels, and my front window looks like a green house. Hopefully the weather will hold this week so that Paul can at least get a spot cleared for these plants. I'm starting to get fed up with yard work already this year.

I tried to convince Paul that we should move to a townhouse that only had a small yard, but he isn't ready to move.

Oh well...

No comments: