Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally...

Sorry, I know that it's been a while since I posted anything new. I do have a good excuse, though. I hurt myself.

On the second of January, only two days into our new years worth of medical deductible, I severely sprained my left shoulder. I managed this feat when I was putting on my jacket.

Feel free to laugh at me... everyone else has.

I figured that I could live with the pain for a few days until it started to feel better, but by the next Sunday night I couldn't take it any more and I had Paul take me to the urgent care clinic. They gave me a sling and some pain pills. That helped for about a week, but then the pills ran out. I managed to survive another week, hoping the entire time that it would start to eventually feel better.

It didn't.

So, I got an appointment with a doctor at our usual clinic. He prescribed me lots of Ibuprofen and to take it easy with that arm. It's so easy for a doctor to tell you not to use your arm, especially when he isn't the one with a large 9 month old son. So, I tried to take it easy and I took the pills.

I still hurt like hell.

I called the doctors office back a few days later and pleaded for something stronger so that at least I could sleep without being in constant pain. After another agonizing night he finally called me back and said that I could have some stronger pain pills. So, I started them last Friday.

I don't have as much pain now but I also don't have a clear memory of this last weekend.

Yesterday I went to see a Sports Medicine doctor. He took X-Rays of the shoulder and said that there wasn't anything wrong with the bone. He gave me a prescription for physical therapy. Luckily, since I work for a company that does PT for a living I get a discount.

My first 'pain and torture' visit is on Thursday.

Pray for me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I hear your arm story I chuckle to myself. Not because you're in pain but because you hurt yourself putting on your coat!!!
I hope PT is working out for you and that your pain is a little more tolerable now. ;)