Monday, October 27, 2008


So, here is the story so far...

Paul and I met on Match.com...yes, we're those kind on nerds! We dated for a little over a year when Paul finally proposed, much to my delight, and we were married 6 months later. We bought a little house in Magna, UT and settled into a comfortable life.

When I started saying that I wanted a baby right away Paul took me to the Humane Society and we adopted a cat, which later was joined by another cat for Paul. For the next 4 years our little family trundled along happily.
One day in 2006 I told Paul that I thought that it was about time that we started a family, and he agreed! (color me shocked) After two false starts, and a handful of surgeries, we finally got pregnant in the fall of 2007.


Everything was going along fine, until about 5 weeks before my due date. We found ourselves driving to the hospital in the middle of the night because my water broke. However, when we got to the hospital the doctor said that nothing was progressing and that we would have to wait for things to get going. We spent 2 days sitting around waiting to see if anything was going to happen, but when I spiked a fever they said that enough was enough and we were going to have our baby. So, after much anticipation, William Dale Grover was born on April 7, 2008 at 2 am.


Since he was so early Will spent 19 days in the NICU at St. Mark's Hospital before he could come home, which gave me time to heal.


Luckily he was really healthy and did awesome, so he didn't have to stay as long as some premies do.

Due to the harrowing circumstances surrounding his birth my mother has informed me that I am not allowed to have anymore children, so we're making the most of this one!

Time passes...

Will is now 6 months old, and he is growing fast. There are to many pictures from the last few months to get them all posted online, so we're going to work from now forward. I'll put more online as we get them.

No comments: